Not only is Excel vital to my team (in Finance we live in Excel) but it is also a huge piece of my daily work as an Admin. So today when my rows and columns were not agreeing it was cause for crisis. I do not take Excel malfunctioning lightly.
I went into the throw together a report of past appointments I stumbled across this little gotcha (pictured below):
The rows numbered 1 and 2 span one row in some columns but multiple rows in other columns. This does not a happy systems administrator make.
Unfortunately I took it as an Excel glitch, fought with it, gave it a good ol' reboot and was still stuck. When I finally slowed down and looked at the issue I realized that these rows represented Appointments with multiple "Required Attendees." Removing the Required Attendees column resolved the issue.
I am sharing this in hopes your day doesn't have the hit the speed bump that mine did. If you have a better work around for the issue please let me know in the comments.